My Other web area

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pass It On

   Today we had a beautiful snow which for us means we keep our eyes and ears open.  We all of sudden noticed that there were a few people stopped just past our curve in front of our driveway.  Mom and I went out to see what was happening.  The snow had turned to ice and there was a car in the ditch causing concern.  Just then a person stopped to see if anybody was in the car, but there was no one.  So, he started to drive on, but as he did so he slipped toward the edge of the bank.  Fortunately, they were able to stop and put it in park.  After that, the ice got worst.  Mom sent me to stop people from one direction while she did the same from the other direction.  I went all the way down to my neighbor's house, which in the country is a fair distance.  I stopped quite a few people to warn them of the ice ahead.  Some listen to my warnings, some didn't, and some treated me as though I was a baby (Because I'm 15).  Pretty much all the people that I warned who went on ended up stuck or in the ditch.  I am telling you all of this as a plead that you listen to people like me who seem be just stopping people to be a nuisance.  But please listen to them.  All we are trying to do is help save lives and save you money.  It would be much better if you found another way, or waited the snow or rain out at a friends house or a restaurant.  This is what usually happens if people like me don't try to stop you from coming.  It turns into a pile up which usually causes much more injures; or you try to avoid a car, run into people waiting or helping others around the wrecked cars.  Please pay more attention to what we say, and please pass this on.


Thanks,

Hannah

P.S. We live on a sharp curb that has many wrecks on it.  So, I am quite use to directing traffic and helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I hope you come again soon! God bless you!!!
With thanks,
Hannah